Mission and Vision
To serve as a trusted source of healthcare information by accurately measuring the quality and cost of care, reporting performance ratings, educating the public about healthcare value, and helping drive improvements in healthcare in California.
Consumers, purchasers, and providers of healthcare will have information necessary to drive a high value healthcare system in California.
- Produce performance ratings of physicians, medical groups, hospitals and other providers;
- Support the education of the public about performance information and support policies that enhance the public’s ability to access information on cost and quality;
- Continue to measure patient experience with medical groups in collaboration with health plans and the California Pay for Performance Program;
- Achieve measurement system efficiencies by serving as a central claims data resource in California:
- Create and administer an all payer claims database – aggregate, score and report data supplied by multiple California health plans, Medicare, and other data suppliers; and
- Integrate Medicare claims into the CHPI data set as a designated Medicare Qualified Entity.